- Full Time
- Des Moines Office
Nyemaster Goode is actively seeking a Director of Finance in its Des Moines, Iowa, office for an immediate opening.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: “Essential functions” are primarily job duties that incumbents must be able to perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation made by the employer.
- Oversee and direct the majority of general accounting functions, including chart of accounts, general ledger, procedural aspects of the billing process, cash receipts, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, petty cash, bank reconciliation and client trust funds.
- Oversee and direct the management of the Firm’s physical records.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal controls to safeguard assets, to ensure proper accounting of transactions and to promote operational efficiency within the Accounting Department and throughout the Firm. Continually review accounting procedures and workflow to improve functionality and efficiency of department
- Assist the Chief Administrative Officer (“CAO”) in monitoring cash flow and cash management of the Firm, including borrowing against lines of credit, investment of liquid assets and maintaining adequate compensating balances. Assist in projecting cash balances through end of month.
- Responsible for operation, maintenance and security of the Aderant time and billing system and all related modules.
- Familiarity with SQL queries in the SQL database to extract necessary data.
- Format reporting using Aderant Report Writer, Business Intelligence dashboards or similar reporting module to maximize the understanding of the information distributed.
- Assist the CAO in the preparation of the annual budget and projected results of operations.
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial statements, billing and productivity reports and periodic analytical reports.
- Supervise payroll and payroll withholding function and coordinate employee payroll matters with the Human Resources Department.
- Assist in monitoring the inventory of unbilled time and disbursements and accounts receivable. Review with CAO on how to handle issues and communications with the attorneys.
- Maintain familiarity with the Firm’s policy and procedural manuals and apply these policies and procedures uniformly in decision-making.
- Insures the maintenance of accounting retention files for required period of time.
- Responsible for the timely submittal of all local, state and federal payroll and sales tax reports.
- Assists CAO, Executive Committee and Finance Committee in financial management and analysis as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of accounting and financial management principles in order to assume responsibility for the Firm’s accounting functions at a level normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Approximately five-to-eight years of progressively responsible related work experience necessary in order to gain the expertise needed to manage complex financial and banking relationships in a professional services firm.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of integrity in personal and fiduciary matters.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate with a diverse group of attorneys and staff and provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.
Work occasionally requires more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Human Resources Manager: 700 Walnut, Suite 1600 Des Moines, IA 50309 or via email to HR@nyemaster.com. Faxes may be sent to 515.283.3108.