- Full Time
- Des Moines Office
Nyemaster Goode is actively seeking an experienced Paralegal to join its Litigation Department in the Des Moines, Iowa office for an immediate opening. Candidates will be expected to have proficiency in all facets of litigation, including experience with electronic discovery, document production and litigation software. It is essential candidates are efficient and have experience in handling large quantities of documents. This individual will assist and relieve lawyers by performing the following duties.
- Conduct research and discovery of pertinent information from varied resources including the Internet, local or university libraries, law libraries, etc. Possess thorough knowledge of discovery process and website discovery, along with rules and regulations of such discovery.
- Abstract records, organize and prepare both outline and narrative summaries of the records for internal use and for presentation to the client.
- Analyze records and transcripts to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the evidence. Prepare case analysis including the identification of the issues, omissions and discrepancies.
- Identify and provide information regarding experts; coordinate expert deposition preparation.
- Assist attorneys with evidence preparation and organization.
- Experienced in document composition, drafting and typing. Includes accurate and timely production of complaints, briefs, discovery responses, motions, case analysis memoranda for attorneys, outline and narrative summaries, chronologies, correspondence, and reports.
- Compile data for exhibits. Prepare trial exhibits, notebooks and subpoenas. Experienced in the use of Bates Numbering to identify pages and content.
- Proficient proofreading, redlining, and editing of documents. Must ensure accuracy, comprehension, and overall grammar and punctuation.
- Understands and complies with all court rules.
- File correspondence and legal documents in office filing system and document management system as required.
- Process billing, time entry, and expense reimbursements via internal accounting systems.
- Request medical records from providers.
- Locates and interviews witnesses, coordinates and arranges for depositions of parties and witnesses
- On-site daily attendance for secured computer access and client confidentiality, and personal interaction with attorneys and clients for client service needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree and / or Associates Degree with a Paralegal Certification required.
- General litigation paralegal experience, minimum two years required.
- Experience with litigation and document management software desired.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED
- Demonstrates ability to communicate in a proficient, tactful, and confident manner with external clients and internal customers.
- Proficient in the use of Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe.
- Independent worker, ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a timely manner.
- Competently operates office equipment including computer, fax, calculator, scanner, copier, and telephone system.
- Ability to read, write and perform basic math functions.
- Proficient in Knowledge of Summation Pro or an equivalent program
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Repetitive hand motion
- Close vision is required
- Maximum lifting requirements up to ten pounds
- Standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time
We offer a professional environment, as well as an excellent compensation and benefits package.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Human Resources Manager: 700 Walnut, Suite 1600 Des Moines, IA 50309 or via email to: HR@Nyemaster.com. Faxes may be sent to 515.283.3108.